Chris is a partner in the San Francisco, California based law firm Le Clerc & Le Clerc LLP. Le Clerc & Le Clerc LLP is a law firm that focuses on providing high quality representation to employees who are in disputes with their current or former employers. Le Clerc & Le Clerc LLP represents clients throughout Northern California, but primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area, including San Francisco and Alameda Counties, Contra Costa County, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, and the Peninsula.
Chris regularly represents workers of all backgrounds and walks of life. He has represented truck drivers and restaurant food servers. He has also represented C-level executives, including Chief Operating Officers and Senior Vice Presidents of International Corporations. Chris routinely advises and litigates for employees and former employees on claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. His matters can also range from routine pay disputes to complex allegations of international accounting fraud. He has also represented many women who were discriminated against because of their pregnancy or taking of maternity leave. He has successfully resolved lawsuits against some of the world's largest corporations.
Chris' colleagues describe him as "tenacious," "brilliant," and "spectacular in court," and a "highly intelligent advisor and litigator." Chris' clients have described him as a "truly, highly educated, and personable attorney."
Chris has represented hundreds of workers in California and obtained tens of millions of dollars on their behalf in settlements. He has litigated several cases to jury verdict and arbitration award, and has obtained several million dollars as a result in judgments. With this successful background, Chris is frequently able to negotiate favorable settlements for clients, sometimes without even filing a lawsuit. Chris also serves as a neutral mediator to help employees and employers resolve their differences. He serves on the alternative dispute resolution panels in Contra Costa, Alameda, and San Francisco County superior courts.
- Employment Law- Employee 100%
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California
- J.D. - 2004
- University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California
- B.A. - 1994
- Super Lawyers- Rising Star, 2013 - 2014
- Top 100 Lawyers – The National Advocates
- Top 40 under 40 – American Society of Legal Advocates
- Super Lawyers, 2019 - 2020
- Pregnant woman fired while on pregnancy leave.
- Employee fired for opposing unlawful activity.
- Employee harassed because of age.
- Employee disciplined for reporting discrimination.
- California Employment Lawyer's Association, Member, 2013 to Present